- Temping Staff Leaders
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the temping industry. Whether you are a recruitment agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following employment facts (Updated September 2018):
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 84% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $6,000 and $10,000.
- It was reported of the 24,000 new hires 43% of them failed within 16 months and of these, 91% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the company. Only 13% failed because of a lack of skills.
- Many operations use talent-management software to screen resumes that look at keywords to screen out up to 71% of applicants without ever looking at a resume or cover letter
- Organisations spend on average 6 and 8 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 79% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 33% look for multitasking skills; 30% look for initiative; 19% look for creative thinking; and 12% look for something else in the candidate.
- On average new staff take between 22 and 26 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- companies report that 1 in 22 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- Phone interviews last 35 minutes and face-to-face interviews last 55 minutes on average. In a survey of 3,000 hiring managers, 33% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 10 minutes. After that, it usually takes 2 day to 12 days to hear from the recruiters with their decision.
- It is interesting to note that only 6% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 2% of candidates received valuable feedback.
- The Telegraph
- the ABC
- Recruitment & Employment Confederation
- American Staffing Association
- The Sydney Morning Herald
For more Temping Staff Leaders Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >
READ MORE >
READ MORE >